Add custom quick filters to a JIRA Core Business Board?

Is is possible to add a quick filter to a JIRA Core board? I would like to create a quick filter for each component. The text filtering doesn't work for these because it operates on the issue title text.

The only filters available are the built in "Assigned to me" and "Due this week" filters

6 answers

I share this frustration.  Should be possible.

Hello, I am looking for a solution for this... Is there an existing one?

I agree....this would be very helpful

New design are very impressive. But we need custom quick filters!

We've had a few teams on the business side that starting using JIRA, so I created business projects.  Due to the lack of functionality, I've just ended up creating an agile board, then removing certain fields, like components, fix version, etc.

This way I can use quick filters, swim lanes etc.

If I had to create these projects over again, I'd just create a software project.

0 vote

I don't think this will happen with business boards.

I suspect that if you ever end up in a place where you really need to do "board configuration", then you are in a place where you should be using "Jira Software".  Atlassian are not likely to do anything that lets you do JS stuff in Core instead of upgrading to Software.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

53 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you