Add custom fields to custom issue collector?

David Klaus February 21, 2017

Right now it only shows a list of 5 boxes that I can check. I have 8 custom fields that are created and added to the issue type this will be populating, but none of those fields show up as an option to select to add on the issue collector. I also don't see an "Add field" button anywhere that would allow me to select from any of the remaining fields. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2017

Are those custom fields present in the create issue screen set on the project?

David Klaus February 22, 2017

They are. I've tried combos of making the required, not required, shown, hidden, and everywhere in between and it still doesn't seem to be showing up to select, unfortunately.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2017

Are you able to create a new issue through the Create button from the menu on the top and populate those custom fields normally during issue creation?

Yep. I asked this same question through another channel and the answer I got there is that getting these fields added to the custom issue collector needs to be done via html and javascript as the handler doesn't support adding these additional fields. That might be my next path I pursue.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2017

I confirm I can add custom fields to the issue collector normally, with no need for modifying the html or javascript. What are the types of those custom fields?

There are 8 multi-line text fields, 1 attachment field, and 1 date picker field. 

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2017

I have configured an issue collector with text multi-line fields without problems:
custom-template.jpg

We also have some buttons there from our custom fields but it does not allow me to choose which ones show up in the list of check-boxes. Is there a setting somewhere that needs to change in order for these to show up in the list of fields available to select?

Just discovered my problem. We had moved this class of work to a new project so all the fields I was looking at were available and able to be created in the new project, but the issue collector I was working on was still under the old project. Glad to have figured it out but annoyed that I spent so much time doing that when the answer was so simple!

Thanks for your help!

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2017

Oh, glad you could finally fix it!

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events