Add custom field to Project

Eliya Voldman December 23, 2016

Hello,

I want to add a Custom field to JIRA Project.

The goal is that this field would be like drop-down list or multiselect. In other words I want to give the option for user to select predefined value from the list.

From available types of field I tried 'Multi Checkboxes', 'Select List' and other ...

The problem is that I don't know how to provide the list of the options to select.

Currently the new field has only one default value BUT I need to provide a list of values and give user the choice to select one.

My questions:

1. did I select correct type of Field?
  2. how could I make it 'selectable'?

Thanks in advance 

2 answers

1 vote
Eliya Voldman December 23, 2016

Hi Nic,

Thanks so much,

I'm all set now

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2016

Multi-checkboxes and multi-select lists give the user a list from which they can select none, one or many options.

Radio buttons and select lists give the user a list from which they can select a single item, or none.

I think you've got the right type, and by their nature, they're selectable.  To add options to the lists, go to the list of custom fields, and find your field.  To the right, there's a "configure" option, which takes you to a screen where you can add/edit/remove options for selection.

Suggest an answer