Add custom field to `People` section

Joe Firebaugh August 18, 2016

I've created a Custom Field of type User that I would like to have in the People section of all tickets.   That way we can identify the person tasked with testing a ticket, versus the person who did the work.   How do I do that?

Thanks!

2 answers

6 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2016

Adding to what Nic said, make sure the custom field implements the com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.UserField interface.

Tharindu Wijesuriya September 24, 2019

how ti check that ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2019

Read the code you've written to make sure it implements the interface.  Remember that the original question was "I've created a custom field... that I want to appear somewhere" - that tells us that Joe was writing an app that provides a custom field (because if it were just a plain user custom field, it would be in the people section already)

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2016

It should appear there automatically if it's a standard user or multi-user picker field.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events