Add custom field as a column in filter results screen

Ben Bramson November 9, 2016

I have a custom field that I am trying to show on my filter results page because I would like to export it to Excel. The problem is that I am trying to show the column "Zone", but there are quite a few other custom fields with the word zone in them (1st Zone, 1st Zone schedule, ect) to the point that when I type "Zone" into the search field under the columns drop down it shows all of the wrong fields and at the bottom says "10 more options. Continue typing to refine further." but I have nothing else to type.

Is there a way to show all the options in that column drop down? I really don't want to rename all the other fields if I don't have to.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2016

Sounds like you're suffering from "fielditis" - a common affliction for JIRAs where unnecessary fields have been allowed to proliferate to the point where they start to clog things up.  Ideally, you want to review your field usage back down to sensible levels.

But, in the short term, there's a little trick for this one - start adding the zone fields it is offering.  It removes ones that have been added from the available list, allowing others to creep into it.  Once you've found plain "zone" and added it, go back to the filter fields and remove the ones you don't want.

1 vote
Anna Bogyo July 30, 2018

I want to see all the fields in the selectlist. I think this is a legitimate requirement. And it is also legitimate not to be criticized for it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2018

It is also legitimate to criticise poor practices, like allowing fielditis.

Your only option now is to rename the field to something more unique so you can find it.  The workaround I wrote two years ago has now been disabled, as the drop-down no longer removes items already on the list.

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2016

Rename the field you are searching for.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events