Add Workflow Transition Buttons to Issue Preview Pane

Joe December 3, 2015

Hi,

Is it possible to add a workflow transition button to the issue preview pane that is displayed on the right when selecting an issue?

For clarity, I mean the issue preview pane when selecting an issue on a board, not in the issue navigator.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2015

I'm assuming you mean the issue preview pane in the issue navigator?  I'm afraid you can't add transition buttons to that (yet - I think I saw a feature request for it a few months ago)

Joe December 4, 2015

I actually meant the preview pane when selecting an issue on a board, not the issue navigator, though I fear this is probably the same :(

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2015

Ah, yes, it's the same. Not the same code, but the panels are similar in that you can't add the buttons to them. I think it's a bit odd to ask for it on a board though - the whole point of the board is that you can drag the issues around it instead of using transition buttons (still would be nice to have the option though) For the issue navigator, I'm sure I've seen a request for that function. For the Agile boards, I'd recommend raising it over at http://jira.atlassian.com in the Software project, I'm not sure I've seen the request before.

Veera rdy January 30, 2018

Is it possible to add the workflow buttons to the Issue preview on the board in the later versions?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 30, 2018

No, and it's not going to be.  See previous comment, the boards already allow for transitions.

Veera rdy January 30, 2018

Hi Nic,

The boards allow for transitions but it is not possible to move an issue in the same column.

So I was looking for an option to transition the issue into the same column either on the board or by using the issue preview. 

Is there an option to do any of the above? 

Thanks.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 31, 2018

No, you have to go to the main issue view and use the transitions there.

Veera rdy January 31, 2018

Thanks Nic.

Zach December 20, 2018

As a PO working in the backlog during the design process, transitioning issues from within the Issue Detail view while using the Backlog would be extremely valuable. Right now you can opt to see the status, but there is no way to change the status without opening the ticket, and it's quite frustrating. 

Like Glen likes this

Suggest an answer