Adaptivist Scriptrunner custom email fails for only one user

Travis Alexander [Empyra] March 20, 2019

I'm using Scriptrunner's out of-the-box custom email script to send emails when issues are created. They work, except for a single user. If this particular user creates the issue, the script fails and an email is not sent. 

2019-03-20 09:55:44,058 ERROR [workflow.ScriptWorkflowFunction]: *************************************************************************************
2019-03-20 09:55:44,059 ERROR [workflow.ScriptWorkflowFunction]: Script function failed on issue: SCOM-2879, actionId: 1, file: null
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'displayName' on null object
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.SendCustomEmail.constructMail(SendCustomEmail.groovy:445)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.SendCustomEmail$constructMail$0.callCurrent(Unknown Source)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.SendCustomEmail.constructMailWithConditionResult(SendCustomEmail.groovy:425)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.SendCustomEmail$constructMailWithConditionResult.callCurrent(Unknown Source)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.SendCustomEmail$constructMailWithConditionResult.callCurrent(Unknown Source)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.SendCustomEmail.doScript(SendCustomEmail.groovy:520)

Any ideas what could be up with this? The display name of the user looks just fine?

1 answer

0 votes
Alexander March 20, 2019

Hi @Travis Alexander _Empyra_
Can I see your script?

Regards

Travis Alexander [Empyra] March 21, 2019

Hey @Alexander ,

I'm using the built-in post-function called "Send a custom email". So, I'm not sure how to access the script itself.

The HTML that I am using for the email content works just find and contains no errors when previewing, or when any other user creates an issue. 

Let me know what you think.

Suggest an answer