Adaptavist Scriptrunner Question

MAG-II January 11, 2018

Hello - 

I have a question about modifying an existing Validator that I have configured via Adaptavist Scriptrunner. 

The current script I have as a Validator ensures that all check boxes in the Edit screen are checked before the user can make the transition. This script works well. 

(cfValues['HR Checklist']*.value as List).containsAll(["a", "b", "c", "d", "e", "f", "g"])

I want to build on this script. I have added a tab to the Edit screen with a different selection of check boxes. What I want to do is change the script, in that the values of the check boxes are required based on a custom field value (that has already been selected). 

For example - if custom field value is X, then the user must select all of the check boxes in tab HR Checklist. Those values being "a", "b", "c", "d", "e", "f", "g" 

Like my initial script.

If custom field value is apple, then the user must select the apple tab (on Edit screen), and check all boxes "apple", "orange", "pear"

The already populated custom field value determines which tab the user must check all boxes for in the Edit screen, in order to transition the Issue. 

I apologize if I am not being clear enough. Any insight/help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.  

1 answer

0 votes
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2018

Hi Michael,

If I understand the requirements correctly then a Custom script validator with a script similar to 

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.option.LazyLoadedOption
import com.opensymphony.workflow.InvalidInputException

def issue = issue as MutableIssue

def flag = false
def customfieldManager = ComponentAccessor.customFieldManager

def selectListCF = customfieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(issue).find {it.name == "SelectListA"}
def checkboxCF = customfieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(issue).find {it.name == "Checkboxes"}

def selectListValue = issue.getCustomFieldValue(selectListCF) as LazyLoadedOption
def checkboxValue = issue.getCustomFieldValue(checkboxCF) as List<LazyLoadedOption>

if (selectListValue.value == "AAA") {
flag = checkboxValue.collect {it.value}.containsAll(["Yes"]) && checkboxValue.size() == 1
}
else if (selectListValue.value == "BBB") {
flag = checkboxValue.collect {it.value}.containsAll(["Yes", "No"]) && checkboxValue.size() == 2
}
else {
// other conditions/combinations
}

if (!flag)
throw new InvalidInputException("Some combination of multiple fields are in error")

will do the trick. 

Please let me know if that helped 

Regards, Thanos

perdue_brandon_vast-inc_com January 12, 2018

Thanos - 

THANK YOU. This is great. I really appreciate it. 

Suggest an answer