Ability to change report date ranges from "last 30 days" to specific date range

Jeff Brown May 4, 2016

I have a need to review various reports for example Average Age Report and Created vs Resolved Issues Report for a specific date range: 2016-01-01 through 2016-01-31 inclusive not the "last 30 days" selected by default for the cloud version of JIRA not the hosted version of JIRA.

Any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2016

You just have to create your own JQL filter, save it and use that filter name in the gadgets that you need.

Jeff Brown May 4, 2016

Thanks Gabrielle.

The reports are board specific and I do not see any way to change a reports filter JQL specifically.

The only filter JQL I see that I can change is the boards query which is a simple project level query for a specific project with an ORDER BY clause for one of the attributes.

If I change the Board query, I then change what is delivered to my team which they are working from on a daily basis.

With that said, is it easier just to clone the existing board into a new board and change the filter there? This is my first time of using the cloud-based version of JIRA versus locally hosted where I could access the DBs directly.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2016

If you don't mind it, create a dashboard with separate gadgets, don't use/reference the built in ones since as you've said is not configurable in your side.

Suggest an answer