API Timestamp error

Debraj neogi May 12, 2016

We are seeing a discrepancy in the format in which the time for bug creation is being returned on Stage and PROD environments for JIRA.

When we are making a call to JIRA stage environment to fetch bug details, the timestamp for Created being returned is: 2016-03-14T06:08:27.000-0700. While making the same call on PROD, returns the timestamp as: 2016-04-29T09:18:27.000+0000

Is there some system setting we need to tweak to resolve the differences?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2016

What do the created dates on the issues you are pulling say when you view them in the UI?

Hi Nic,

Created: 22/Apr/16 20:21 on UI.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2016

On both issues?

Also, when you say "making a call", what is that call?

On prod:

Created:22/Apr/16 20:21

On stage:

Created:14/Mar/16 18:38

API call: /rest/api/2/issue/ISSUE-ID

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2016

Ok, I think I can explain staging - the date/time you get over REST is the raw date/time stamp on the data.  The UI is shifting the display because of your time-zone settings.

The date in production makes no sense to me though.  It's as though you're looking at a totally different issue in the UI and over REST.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events