7 Issue Search returns 25 Issue Bulk Operation Edit

Anne Marie Jackson March 30, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Modifying Multiple (Bulk) Issues

I had a search that returned 7 issues, yet the feedback message I got said "Bulk Operation Progress: Editing 25 Isues." What were the other 18 issues it updated? These seem to be unwanted issue updates. Can I see a report on exactly what was just updated? The intended 7 were updated, but what were the unintended 18 that were updated?

2 answers

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2016

That is strange. What was the update? If it was something like Move, subtasks could add up to 25 issues. 7 parent issues and 18 subtasks.

You can maybe do a quick search to find out:

updated >= -2h

Update the number of hours as appropriate and add more search criteria to limit the search results.

0 votes
Miles Duke April 4, 2016

The total number of issues updated appears to include the number of subtasks, even if the bulk edit did not make any changes to the subtasks themselves.

This seems to be a recent phenomenon, perhaps happening after we had upgraded past JIRA 6.1.5.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events