2nd level issue linking

Debraj Neogi March 31, 2016

If I link a bug A to B & B to C, then I won’t be able to see C as a linked bug in A. I guess this is currently how JIRA works. Is there a workaround or some plugin or some open ticket with Atlassian to get this working?

Thanks.

2 answers

2 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2016

Some plugins will let you visualize the issues in relation with one another, like Link Hierarchy or Pathfinder. You'd get to see a tree  These plugins are not very expensive. 

Other plugins do that too, in addition of other things. The Structure plugin for instance would allow you to build a hierachy or issues depending on their links. For instance, you could have Epics on top, followed by the stories they contain, followed by linked issues of a certain type, followed by subtasks. You would be able to get sums of time spent and estimates at any level of this hierarchy. It's a very powerful and flexible plugin and is a bit expensive, but you might want to git it a try.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2016

It's perfectly valid to say A is not linked to C because you haven't added a link to do that.  The "workaround" is to create the link from A to C to tell JIRA that there is one.

For reporting, everything Nicolas said is spot on!

Suggest an answer