Ben Weisman September 14, 2016

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2016

Read the logs to find out what the users are doing, and then throttle it on a proxy or simply deactivate the misbehaving users.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2016

Hmm.  That's a template being broken, but it actually looks like the template is being fed bad data, probably by a poorly written custom field add-on.  (I can say that, I've written custom field add-ons that do something similar)

I'd ask the user what filter they are running and get them to look at the columns defined for it.  Then look at the field type for each column - what are all the custom field types for them?  Are there any non-standard ones?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 14, 2016

Both really.  My instinct (which may well be wrong) is that you have a broken custom field.  When the issue navigator is asking it for data to be displayed, it's handing back garbage which the navigator can't handle.  The reason it's doing that is that the plugin that provides the custom field has a bug.

When I coded a custom field that did this, it was because I'd forgotten the null answer.  I had a field which worked out some numbers based on a couple of other fields, which mostly worked, until one of those fields was empty.  That gave a null as the input to my calculations, which then returned a null to the navigator, which then couldn't do "x < null" in the display.  The fix, of course, was to take empty fields as having 0 values.

Ben Weisman February 6, 2018

Can this entry be deleted please. Thank you.

Suggest an answer