It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

ways to use jira for our business

Ive done some searching on the different ways most use Jira but none really seem totally applicable to what we would use it for. Basically what we need is something to hold a lot of data, almost like a glorified spreadsheet and give users the ability to sort by any of the fields they wish, edit and/or add data. Is there a template for that or a simple way to configure things so one can add data fields.

The business in a nut shells has sales contracts and scheduling loading, delivery, documents and finally to payment.

Thanks, 

2 comments

Hi Jon,

What you need is a strong app...for having a spreadsheet like view, I would use Structure or Bigpicture if I wanted to modify the information or just EazyBI for reporting (I like this one more).

But, at the end of the day think that jira is just an issue tracker, to have that much info you would need to modify a lot the tool. For contracts maybe Insight? Scheduling is hard in Jira you will need extra apps to for that...

Scott Theus Community Leader Jun 07, 2018

Hi Jon,

Are you looking at Jira Software or Service Desk? With the right custom views and workflows Jira Service Desk may work for you. If you were to have a workflow that includes transition screens with required fields you should be able to set it up without too much trouble.

(Note I'm assuming that by "schedule loading" you are referring to having a user set up a time to do the "loading" task, and not asking Jira to schedule the task for you....Lara is right, Jira isn't the best at that.)

-Scott

Comment

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

1,094 views 7 0
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you