ways to use jira for our business

jon miller May 24, 2018

Ive done some searching on the different ways most use Jira but none really seem totally applicable to what we would use it for. Basically what we need is something to hold a lot of data, almost like a glorified spreadsheet and give users the ability to sort by any of the fields they wish, edit and/or add data. Is there a template for that or a simple way to configure things so one can add data fields.

The business in a nut shells has sales contracts and scheduling loading, delivery, documents and finally to payment.

Thanks, 

2 comments

laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2018

Hi Jon,

What you need is a strong app...for having a spreadsheet like view, I would use Structure or Bigpicture if I wanted to modify the information or just EazyBI for reporting (I like this one more).

But, at the end of the day think that jira is just an issue tracker, to have that much info you would need to modify a lot the tool. For contracts maybe Insight? Scheduling is hard in Jira you will need extra apps to for that...

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2018

Hi Jon,

Are you looking at Jira Software or Service Desk? With the right custom views and workflows Jira Service Desk may work for you. If you were to have a workflow that includes transition screens with required fields you should be able to set it up without too much trouble.

(Note I'm assuming that by "schedule loading" you are referring to having a user set up a time to do the "loading" task, and not asking Jira to schedule the task for you....Lara is right, Jira isn't the best at that.)

-Scott

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events