What is the reason Jira's UI keeps changing in a very significant way every year?

Michael Gerzon April 16, 2019

What is driving the significant UI changes that Jira goes through ?
seems like the amount of users that doesn't like the new Jira look is large. 
First Jira was updated from the old Jira layout to a new one. Then a second change came to impact how individual ticket looks like. 
Why to do such drastic changes to a community that is already used to work with a product for many years ? 

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2019

It's in the interests of moving forward and never becoming tired or ordinary, and evolving the products.

Trying to look on the bright side, for me, it encourages me to re-evaluate things I might be taking for granted.  Each change makes me question if it's a good or bad thing.  I'm fully aware that I'm a "stick in the mud" type person and probably resist change more than the mean-average person does, so I try to see the changes as a something that pushes me to think again. 

But I completely understand "stop messing with stuff, I just want to use it as it is and not have to learn new stuff every few days".  And, I still don't think the left-hand layout or the new issue view are improvements overall, there's more counter-intuitive stuff and scrabbling around to find things that should be obvious than before, although there are some things that work really well.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events