Variation outgoing email

Антон Кулиш August 15, 2018

I ran into a problem. I'm having trouble creating outgoing mail. I did not manage to set up mail and Yandex. Gmail was able to configure without problems. But Gmail is not suitable for my organization.
I want to know what are the alternatives for Gmail. Who faced this problem? What kind of mail is Gira friends with?

1 comment

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2018

Hello!

Can you please describe the problem you're facing in more detail?

Thank you.

I describe in more detail.

I need to configure "Outgoing mail". When setting up, it was revealed that the "Mail" and "Yandex" have problems with working with the Jira.

Mail "Gmail" works perfectly, but it is not suitable for other reasons.

I want to know which mail server works well with Jira. Which mail should I use?

Or are you asking me to explain in more detail exactly the errors that occur when setting up outgoing mail?

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2018

Yes, the second one  :)

I'm quite sure that Yandex should be ok too.

Specifically, in Yandex such a mistake. I tried to increase the waiting time to the maximum and changed all possible settings. Mail is listed correctly, ports and passwords too.

"Unfortunately no connection was possible. Review the errors below and rectify:

• SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out "
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 15, 2018

Ok, can you see what's in the logs?

Usually, there's much more detailed information.

Антон Кулиш August 16, 2018

The error log looks like this. Next I see many lines of the magazine. 

исходящая почта.png

Антон Кулиш August 16, 2018

Подскажите пожалуйста как можно решить данную проблему

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2018

Hi again!

Please, take a look at the following article:

https://habr.com/company/plesk/blog/304204/

Hope this can give you a direction to investigate. 

P.S. There have been reported problems with Yandex, so there should be nothing wrong with Jira itself.

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 20, 2018

Hi!

Any update on the issue?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events