Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transitioning from JMWE to ScriptRunner for Jira

Judah September 14, 2018

Jira v 7.8.1

I am currently using the Jira Misc Workflow Extensions add-on to manage my workflows. I have recently been tasked with implementing ScriptRunner for Jira in my Jira instance. I am moving away from JMWE toward ScriptRunner to implement post functions for transitions etc.

I have a TEST environment set up but I'm not sure where to begin, or how to test scripts against a workflow? 

I'm trying do replace post-functions like the ones below....with scripts:

Assign to last role member (JMWE add-on) 
Assign to role member (JMWE add-on) 
Comment issue (JMWE add-on) 
Comment linked issues (JMWE add-on) 
Copy field value from linked issues (JMWE add-on) 
Copy field value from parent issue (JMWE add-on)

Does anyone have any advice on where to begin? 

2 comments

Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2018

Hi JudebOy:

I would advice to start setting up examples form our documentation:

Workflow Examples

All of those are workflow examples that you can try and tinker with to learn how to do stuff with scriptrunner. I would advise setting aside a good chunk of time to learn how to code with groovy and the Atlassian API. If you have coding experience, that would be better. 

Your question is rather broad, and we can't teach you how to code for our platform from 0. If you want another option, we have a few paid courses for our customers in Adaptavist Learn. That might help you build your knowledge up slowly from beginner concepts to more advanced tasks.

Cheers!

DY

Judah September 27, 2018

@Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist]

I am learning that groovy, JDK, and intelliJ are a good place to start thanks. 

Thilo Brause
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2018

@Judah

I upon the same task as you - migrate from JMWE to Scriptrunner.

Do you have any Knowledge, Experience, Pittfallls or Hints on that matter you can share?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events