It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage
Highlighted

See who's viewing a ticket

Hi, has anyone found a way to see if others are currently viewing a ticket (add an icon to a list)? or indicate that a ticket is claimed? a lot of my coworkers find themselves working on eachother's tickets.  Thanks! 

2 comments

Hi,

with "claim" I assume you refer to the assignee:

Claimed issues: Search for: assignee IS NOT EMPTY

or the other way: Unclaimed issued: Search for: assignee IS EMPTY

For a certain user: assignee = "USERNAME"

With "viewing" I assume you refer to "watcher"s of an issue:

Issues being "viewed": Search for: watcher IS NOT EMPTY

or issues not being viewed: Search for: watcher IS EMPTY

Best

JP

Thanks for your reply! Where do I search for these phrases? 

or what privileges are needed for non-admins to access this search function? 

I'd like to add to this. Other ticketing systems have a feature that allows you to see if other service agents are currently viewing a ticket. In a high churn system, sometimes going solely off of who a ticket is assigned to is not efficient.

A viewing feature would be helpful for avoiding multiple agents working on the same ticket, as OP mentioned.

Does Jira Service Desk have any similar feature (or a Marketplace plugin)?

Hi Alex, it looks like Jira Cloud currently has one, so I'm sure there is potential for Jira Service Desk to obtain something similar.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211596/whos-looking-for-jira-cloud?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,680 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you