Parent task to Subtask and vice-versa

Hello folks, 

Need help with this-

Please have a look at my use case. I want to have parent tasks (which may be Tasks, Bugs, New Features or Improvements). The following are the features I am looking forward to - 

• When I create a subtask, the field values are by default pre-populated on my screen & I should be able to make edits as required.
  • Every assignee of a subtask,  is a default watcher of the parent.
  • Whenever I am updating any field in the parent, I should get an option to force the changes to the subtasks as well.
  • Whenever any info in subtask is updated, the same could be optional to update in the task as well. 

I tried implementing the post functions in create a transition to achieve some of these, but I was getting some errors on the sub-tasks screens. Will really appreciate your help on this!

Hope for a fervorous response. Thanks in advance!

1 comment

Hi @Shivani Thakur,

Yeah JIRA's build-in functionality doesn't allow you customize and control all this copying back and forth.

I'd recommend trying an add-on like Power Scripts. With just a few lines of code, you can create a lot of the functionality you want in those 4 bullet points.

Here are 2 related guides to get you started:

https://confluence.cprime.io/display/TR/Default+values+of+%28system%29+fields+on+create+screen

https://confluence.cprime.io/display/TR/Copy+field+value+from+parent

You'll have to a bit of tweaking based on your own needs, but hope this helps!

Johnson

Thank a lot Johnson!

Comment

Community showcase
Posted Friday in Jira Service Desk

Looking for anyone who has switched from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk

Hi Community! The Jira Service Desk marketing team is looking for customers who have successfully switched from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk!   We’d love to hear your thoughts on the pros and ...

31 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you