Canal OFF Admin July 31, 2017

Hi guys,

I'm on a project that has

1) APP development
2) Website develompment
3) Admin development
4) Infrastructure

It's all related to the same project.

I'm thinking of creating a project for each and a Scrum board.

The team implementing is the same. Altough APP developes doesnt work on the infrastructure.

I might create Epics like "Google Analytics metrics" (It's related to APP and Website), "Social", "Layout", etc.

Is that the right direction?

Before I only used to work with basic Kanban.

1 comment

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017

Hi Edgard,

are your developers working in the same sprint with the same start and end dates of the sprint? If so, I would let them all work on the same board and create some quick filters for them to filter the backlog and the boards.

With only one board, they can see all their stories in one place and don't have to do "board hopping".

If you want to have more than one board on that project, create them using a component as differentiator. 

Like Denis GHESQUIER likes this

Hey Thomas, thanks for the reply. So I create the 4 projects and use a single board, right? Sprints are the same for the whole team. Scrum woudnt be related to the project, but the four of them, right? First time I make this setup.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017

No, I meant to let all issues in one project and one board.

Create four components in that project (APP development, Website, development, Admin development, Infrastructure) and add quickfilters to the board for these four components that show only issues that belongs to that component.

With these filters, your developers can filter the board as they need it.

Or do you mean I create a single project with a single board, and create APP, Web, Infra and Admin, as components?

Nice! I'll try that! Thanks!

Thomas, I have some tasks from future srpints happening. Whats the best way to view thos future srpints on the board too? Or maybe on a swinlane?

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2017

you can't show tasks from future sprints on the taskboard ("Active Sprints") of the currently running sprint.

Tasks from future sprints are only visible in the backlog view.

If you dont mind me asking some other stufff... :-) Can I relate a version to a sprint? Or I have to relate the tasks to a version only? I want to setup a Sprint related to a version. :-)

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2017

Hi Edgard,

sorry for the late answer, I am quite busy these days... 

Versions and Sprints are totally independent things. They are not related to each other. You assign your issues to a version and a sprint. Issues from the same sprints can even be assigned to different versions.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events