Not able to publish the workflow with a post-function on transition

Arthur Harutyunyan March 28, 2020

I have the workflow from the screenshot. 

Now Im going to add a post function when changing the status of a ticket from TEST to READY.

The post-function is added, but getting an error when publishing the workflow. Does anybody know what the problem here ?project workflow.PNGpublishing error.PNG

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2020

There is no error here, just a warning that you are going to be publishing a workflow that you will not be able to add transitions to it in "draft" mode later (about time we got a warning about that).  I'd recommend you add one, to make life easier if you do need to edit this flow again.

Could you explain what the error is if you do click "publish" and actually get one?

Arthur Harutyunyan March 29, 2020

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- , thanks for the reply. 

The error on the top of the pop-up appears when I click to "Publish". 

The error is:
"You are editing a draft workflow. The step "Done" has no outgoing transitions in the active workflow, so you can not add any outgoing transitions in the Draft Workflow"

So, what "outgoing transitions for step Done" the Jira system means?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2020

Again, there is no error.

There is a warning that your workflow has no transistions out of done.

This can cause problems if you want to edit the workflow again later.  You should go back to edit mode, and add a transition from done, back to somewhere else (if you don't want people to use it, protect with a condition like "project admins only")

Arthur Harutyunyan March 29, 2020

ok, thanks, I did it already. And looks like it works properly now. 

(bow)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events