Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of semantic class names / IDs in New Issue View makes for web extension troubles

John Lianoglou August 11, 2020

While the UX in the "New Issue View" is generally a win in every way I can think of, as the author and maintainer of the Jira to OmniFocus extension, I must report that the lack of semantic class names and/or element IDs in the markup makes it very difficult to reliably place that "Send to OmniFocus" button cleanly into the UI.

Inspecting the DOM, the markup generated by this new view uses a bunch of machine-generated class names, like `div.sc-imYgaF.cEhqTj`, `div.sc-eAKXzc.idCLPT.sc-BngTV.jLfydQ`, and `div.sc-cqpYsc.dpswfB.sc-bFADNz.eeRmMw` 😬

At the moment, the only thing I can think to do is to display a notification to my users that the extension is incompatible with the new view, and that they can revert to the old issues view, but that's kind of gross for everyone.

Anyway, if it's possible to add some semantic classes (or even some more of those `data-test-id` attributes) to the rendered DOM, I'd be most grateful 🙂🙏🏼

1 comment

John Lianoglou September 4, 2020

Bump 😇

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events