Create
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage
Highlighted

Lack of semantic class names / IDs in New Issue View makes for web extension troubles

While the UX in the "New Issue View" is generally a win in every way I can think of, as the author and maintainer of the Jira to OmniFocus extension, I must report that the lack of semantic class names and/or element IDs in the markup makes it very difficult to reliably place that "Send to OmniFocus" button cleanly into the UI.

Inspecting the DOM, the markup generated by this new view uses a bunch of machine-generated class names, like `div.sc-imYgaF.cEhqTj`, `div.sc-eAKXzc.idCLPT.sc-BngTV.jLfydQ`, and `div.sc-cqpYsc.dpswfB.sc-bFADNz.eeRmMw` ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

At the moment, the only thing I can think to do is to display a notification to my users that the extension is incompatible with the new view, and that they can revert to the old issues view, but that's kind of gross for everyone.

Anyway, if it's possible to add some semantic classes (or even some more of those `data-test-id` attributes) to the rendered DOM, I'd be most grateful ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ

1 comment

Bump ๐Ÿ˜‡

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,762 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you