How to export JIRA Dashboard to Word or PDF?

Sachin Palankar May 9, 2019

We have JIRA Version v7.3.6, As I want to keep copy of dashboard. I am looking to export JIRA Dashboard to Word or PDF

2 comments

Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2019

Do you have admin rights so you can install a plugin? The market place has at least some options to export from Jira to PDF/Word.

http://YOUR_JIRA/plugins/servlet/upm/marketplace/search?q=pdf

Sachin Palankar May 9, 2019

Lago,

I don't have admin rights to install plugins. We are looking for plugin to get dashboards exported in PDF. Getting plugin I can get it installed from my admin.

Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 10, 2019

Hi @Sachin Palankar

Better PDF Exporter for Jira exports your Jira dashboard to PDF, take a look at some of these examples.

jira-dashboard-agile-sprint-report.png

Like # people like this
Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2019

Contact your admin, then, and ask him/her to install the trial version of any of the plugins that pop up after searching by PDF in the market place searchbox. There are not that many so my advice is to test each one and choose the one that fits the best for you.

Testing is required because you might have some gadget in your dashboard that comes from a 3rd plugin and you need to be sure there's no incompatibility before procceeding.

I use Better pfd exporter but I can't tell you 100% sure this is what you MUST use. You should check your options

Like # people like this
Taras Gleb April 22, 2020

Few notes on limitations:

1. It does not export dashboards into PDF for nex-gen JIRA

2. There is only a subset of widgets in the dashboard that could be exported.

it would only be fair to mention those from the start, otherwise after thinking that you have a solution and spending a few days on it you realize it's not working with your version of JIRA or your widget.

Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 28, 2020

Just to quickly reflect and clarification on these points:

1. This question is about Jira Server. You mention next-gen projects which if I'm not mistaken only exist on Cloud. So the next-gen issue does not apply here.

Also, the issue you mention with next-gen projects is with agile boards, not Jira dashboards. 

To your point: There is a bug in the Next-gen Jira Cloud projects that introduced a new agile board style. The new UI blocks us from injecting our Export menu on the screen, which we have been relying on everywhere (legacy projects and server).

We reported this to Atlassian and they confirmed that they can reproduce the problem, but then it got "on hold". The last update from Atlassian was to rest assure that they will eventually fix the bug in the near future and will let us know when they are rolling out the fix.

Jira dashboard exporting is a different topic and it will be introduced very soon for Jira Cloud (it's been a popular feature on Server for a long time now) If you are interested in getting early access to the Jira Cloud dashboard export feature, open a support ticket with us!

2. We are continuously monitoring and evaluating new widgets to add to the app. Initially, we focused on the most popular widgets and the most requested widgets, but the number of compatible widgets is growing. If you opened a ticket with us regarding your need, a support agent must have directed you to the feature request of the particular widget, so you can express your requirements for the product team. We will reach out as soon as the requested widget is compatible. Until that, we count on your patience and we thank you for sticking with us!

Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2020

Also... if you read my response I'm very clear with that, mentioning possible incompatibilities for some gadgets and the need for you to TEST every trial version of the different pluggins availiable before choosing one.

That's what I did back in the day and I ended up choosing the one that best suited my needs. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events