Does anybody like the new issue view?

Filippo Riccio April 2, 2019

Well. One day, the new issue view started to appear.

Feedback? The old interface fills the window with information and actions. While they can be perceived as "cluttering", I learn very quickly where relevant items can be found (by moving my eyes to the right position). The new interface shows a big white area, useful information and actions can be found only after clicking on "More" at the bottom right and scrolling the page (by moving the mouse and clicking, which is much slower than just moving my eyes).

By the way, if you are an admin you can at least configure the right panel by moving almost all "secondary fields" to "primary fields", but it seems that the big white area is there to stay.

This would really kill my productivity if I weren't able to get the old interface back permanently.

The difference in the amount of pixeling I had to do in the two interfaces is staggering - the new interface really doesn't show anything useful by default, as you can see in the examples.

Example old interface:

Clipboard01.jpg

Same issue, new interface:

Clipboard02.jpg

At least for me, the new UI is clearly less productive. I understand that somebody may find it better, but I can't really think how better.

So I'm disabling it - at least for now.

Thoughts?

3 comments

Octavian Pungaru April 2, 2019

Hi,

Is ok as UI interaction, I like the popups and the part with groping the available transitions, but is offer less information then the old view, and is full of bugs. For example try a multi lines custom field to make it wiki renderer and will see a nice bug as the interface is trying to show a edited (B/I/U) text.

Also, the custom filed are important because is customize you Jira but they are shown so tiny and crowded.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2019

I think I have pretty much the same problems with it that you do.  A lot of functionality is missing or hidden in counter-intuitive places, and the ability to customise what I want in front of me when I look at an issue is too weak.

Sarah Mitchell April 17, 2019

1. Has anyone found a way to make internal / audience-specific comments via the new view?

2. Or to get the icons to be visible in comments without having to open the full page view to take out the escape \ that it inserts by default?

3. Or to have it automatically insert a shortcut with link & status?

These seem to be the features that our team misses the most!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events