Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create web forms

Swati Sarang February 27, 2019

Hi team,

I am looking for creating web forms with custom fields so that captured information can be used in Project. 

Looking forward for a solution.

Thanks,

Swati

3 comments

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2019

Jira's issue create and edit screens are already "web forms with custom fields".  May I ask why you're asking for more?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2019

Where you want to create such forms? Some external apps or Confluence? Or from Jira?

Swati Sarang February 27, 2019

Hi Alex,

I am not sure how to explain but will try. I need to create a project where I can create a business case, however, I need to capture a lot of process inputs around 50 fields with approval flow. 

With this case reference, there would Project management flow created. I am a bit confused about how to create this, hence asked the question.

Kind request to guide/help here.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2019

Well, while we develop and support the app to help building the forms with approvals and workflows in Confluence - ConfiForms, I believe the correct way to start would be to build a project in Jira, that fits your needs - with appropriate workflows/transitions and fields

Ankur Shrivastava June 25, 2019

You can either create custom Create screens in JIRA itself with all the fields you want to be filled. You can make some or all fields mandatory too and/or make them visible based on permissions.

People "filling out the form" (creating JIRA stories) would need to have a JIRA licence though.

Alternatively, you can use JIRA ServiceDesk where your screen would definitely look more like a web form and the users filling it won't even need a JIRA licence.

Once the "form" is submitted, it would create a JIRA story for you - which of course you can customize in your workflow's post action to do even more.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events