Attachments show up on issues when they should not

Larry Levine June 26, 2017

I created a project in an instance of JIRA configured so that attachments would not be visible.  I then copied that configuration to another JIRA instance.  Attachments shows up on the issue even though where is my field says it should not appear.

Attachement Setting.JPG

3 comments

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2017

The attachment "field" is not really a field, it's a window on to the attachments list.  Hiding the field doesn't affect the attachments.

Thanks for your reply.  It raises the question why attachements did not show up in the other instance.  I can't see a difference in the configurations so what else might have caused the difference.

Well I think I have my answer.  It turns out that in the one instance (a sandbox) attachments were disabled globally.  In the other instance attachments are enabled.  So it seeems that global enabling overrides any project level configurations.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2017

Checking the global config was where I was headed next.  Well spotted!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events