Attachments from emails not adding to ticket

Derek Botbyl January 8, 2018

Hello!

We use Jira combined with JETI to handle a large volume of mailbox traffic.

We recently ran into an issue that has not been present before, and with no change on our end. 

We have the handler set up with a default reporter and tickets are created/commented in this way.

The problems we are having, attachments are not being added to the ticket and there are two things that show up.

At the end of the description is added:

[Created via e-mail received from: Name <name@url.com>] (with the correct From: information of course.

And a comment by "Anonymous" 

An error occurred while adding attachments to this issue from the source email. Please check the attachments and re-send the email.

In addition to this, our agents will reply, with a JETI template I have created, to the external participant stating they received no attachment. When the comment is created from the external participant's reply, the comment has the entire email in plain-text instead of retaining formatting.

New tickets generated from the same external participant all behave this way, but so far only with a small handful of external participants (7 out of ~4,000). Good odds, but the majority of those 7 have occurred within the last week.

Is there possibly something with the way the senders e-mails are formatted that is forcing the handler to strip all attachments and formatting from the sender and post as plain-text?

Jira 7.2.0

JETI 7.1.0.13

5 comments

Lubos Beno May 22, 2018

Hello Derek,

we got the same problem Jira 7.4.6, have you found solution?

Thank you for your reply!

Lubos

Derek Botbyl May 22, 2018

Lubos,

After further reviewing the e-mails being processed, the attachments were too large for the JIRA instance.

The setting for allowed max attachment size is under Administration -> System

Advanced -> Attachments; Attachment Size.

Per JIRA: "In the Attachment Size field, specify the maximum attachment size. The default (per file) is 10485760 bytes (10 MB). The maximum attachment size (per file) is 2147483647 bytes (2 GB)."

We set ours to 25 MB to match our e-mail maximum size.

I hope this helps!

Lubos Beno May 22, 2018

Hi,

we have 20MB maximum size, but email with the problem had attachment of size 1 MB.

Anyway, thank you a lot for reply, I appreciate it.

Lubos

Jeff Wolfe July 31, 2018

We have the same issue in Version 7.10.2 .  Our attachments are quite small, so that's not a fix for us.  I saw the related issue below but I don't think just disabling the response email is the correct path either.  Any other suggestions out there??

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-59025

Laura Paxmann October 25, 2019

We have the same Issue in Jira 7.7.0; also with small attachments. Are there any solutions by now?

Omid H_ December 3, 2019

Hi, unfortunately we have the same issue in our Jira instance 7.13.5. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events