"Assigned to Me" JIRA gadget does not show Current work, shows ALL work ever assigned

swells June 5, 2019

I am using JIRA Cloud, and my problem is the "Assigned to Me" gadget shows employees everything ever assigned to them, even Issues in a "Done" or "Completed" Status.  I would like to utilize the "Assigned to Me" gadget / widget and do not see a way to change the JQL on the gadget? I do not want to create filters when there is a gadget available.   HELP?!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2019

This is actually not the gadget, it is your workflows.  One or more of your workflows are not setting the resolution of the issues when they become "done" or "completed".

The JQL behind the assigned to me gadget is simple, it is effectively "assigned to current user and resolution is empty".

You need to have your workflows set (and clear) the resolution correctly so that "done" issues disappear from the report.

swells June 5, 2019

Yes! Thank you Nic! 

Suggest an answer