jira show watchers in email notification

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2016

Hi all,

I am trying to customize my email templates, and the one thing I would like to add would be to show who is watching an issue.  

Currently we have a JIRA created via email, and the user will CC other people.  The people then reply-all and a new issue is created, and on and on.  

If there was a way I could show who all was a watcher on the ticket then I believe I could train them to reply only to the JIRA email and not the original one.

We use html format for email and unfortunately $JIRA_INSTALL/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/email/html/includes/fields does not have a watchers.vm

I tried to add this:

#set ($allWatchers = $watcherManager.getCurrentWatcherUsernames($issue))
#foreach ($aWatcherUsername in $allWatchers)
#set ($applicationUser = $userManager.getUserByName($aWatcherUsername))
- watcher userName: $aWatcherUsername , email = $applicationUser.getEmailAddress(),displayName = $applicationUser.getDisplayName()
#end

and I do not get anything.

Thanks!

Robert

1 answer

0 votes
Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2016

I wish someone could point me where to look on this, I may ask support....

Vincent Peres June 25, 2020

Hi, have you every figured out how to add watchers? Thanks

Suggest an answer