how to make Jira highlight changes in email notifications?

Anastasia Anisimova October 21, 2015

Hello all!

I clearly remember having Atlassian Confluence sending email notifications with highlighted in colors changes in email notifications. We can have the same feature for the JIRA notifications, can we? I failed to find the guidelines how to enable it in the Atlassian documentation.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2015

JIRA sends email for "Issue updates" with color highlights as you described if you are in the correct role against your Project Notification scheme and Workflow events.

Are you not receiving emails or you are receiving it and it's just not highlighted?

Anastasia Anisimova October 22, 2015

Hi Gabrielle! Thank you for the reply, I receive emails duly, it's just the changes aren't highlighted - all plain text. And so do all my colleagues

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2015

What JIRA version are you on? There should be a "User Preferences" section in "User Management" to control whether to send emails in PLAINT TEXT or HTML. Check that.

Like Lesdy Lopez likes this
Anastasia Anisimova October 23, 2015

It worked! Thank you so much!!

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 23, 2015

Cheers!

Pavel Tykva February 11, 2019

Hi, not really connected, but as Anastasia wrote in the first post about Confluence notifications.

Is there a way to edit the color in which are updates/edits highlited in emails that are sent from Confluence?

Thank you.

BR Pavel

Lesdy Lopez February 14, 2019

Hello - I am a user with admin rights on a project space and I verified and my preference is set to HTML. 

Are there specific settings to allow updates to be sent in bulk, ex Every Friday for the current week, vs as the edits are made?

Suggest an answer