can any one tell me how to restrict the email Notifications to all the users in JIRA

nagender reddy November 17, 2020

We have followed the below steps and created the organization .

1. Create organization & customers under created organization. Please refer  https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/add-an-organization-to-a-service-desk-project/
  2. Add Custom field “Organization” to  the respective request type screens( both SDLCT*create Screen & SDLCT*Edit/View screen)
  3. Go to JSD request type in “SDLC tools” project and click Add field, Select “Organization” from the list and make this as hidden field with hard coded “Organization Name” created at step a)

My question is we are stuck at testing like , do we have an option in jira to restrict the email notifications to certain users who are listed in the newly created org field.

We are using 

Jira v8.5.1

1 answer

0 votes
mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2021

Hi @nagender reddy,

Just to make sure I got the problem correctly - when a Jira Service Desk customer share requests in an organization, everyone in the Organization is being notified?

If that's the case, then it is working as expected; Managing service project notifications:

When a customer submits a request, they receive the same default email notifications as the issue reporter or participant. When customers share requests in an organization, customers in that organization receive notifications.

I hope that this helps!

Thanks,
Moga

Suggest an answer