Where can I find the comment restricted option in the new issue view?

Jonas Neuhaus September 4, 2018

Hello there,

I hope you could help me how I find the comment restricted option in the new issue view?

- Could it be that this option is removed or is there a new configuration that I need to check?

2 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2018

@Jonas Neuhaus, I suspect you are on cloud and you are speaking about the very new Issue Detail view? Assuming i'm on target there then I'm right in the trenches with you. I'm at Summit this week and am getting a blast of info on the changes that are being rolled out. With that said, I believe that it is 'gone' from the new view, but may be getting added in as this moves from 'beta' into full deployment. If it is important feature to you I would recommend turning off the Labs for now.

I remain optimistic that the new issue view will be an ultimate improvement.

Jonas Neuhaus September 4, 2018

@Jack Brickey, your suspection is right we use the cloud version.

I will turn off the labs for now. Thank you much and I hope they will implement this feature in the full deployment.

Like David Culbertson likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2018

I highly recommend you click the Feedback button and share your thoughts directly. I will put in a good word for you here as well. ;-)

Robin September 6, 2018

Hi @Jonas Neuhaus and @Jack Brickey,

I have also provided JIRA with feedback about this issue. Big risk that information ends up where it should not end up.

Any feedback received on the Summit about timing of this very needed functionality?

Is there a way to turn of labs for all users so I can limit the risk?

Thanks, Robin

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2018

While I didn't receive a commitment (would have expected one) for this specific feature and timing I'm confident it will come. There isn't a way to disable/enable at system level, when I last looked, but maybe they will add one.

Cyndi Edwards May 28, 2019

@Jack Brickey Do you know if this feature has been deprecated for sure?  And if so, have you heard anything about it coming back?  This is a serious concern for my firm as we have both internal and external users within our Jira instance.  I and several people on my team have submitted a few feedback comments on this but we too haven't heard anything in response.  With the final rollout of the new view planned for the near future, I'm trying to determine how we're going to deal with this issue.  Thanks.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 28, 2019

hi @Cyndi Edwards , I cannot say for sure. I would suggest putting in a request for info w/ Atlassian Support.

Like Cyndi Edwards likes this
Lynn Stahl June 27, 2019

This is something that absolutely should not be removed. We have confidential information in comments that clients can not see, the new issue view was rolledout today and everyone is in a panic.

Please bring this functionality back now.

Like # people like this
Olivier Tarbes July 3, 2019

Same issue, we have both internal and external users within our Cloud Jira instance and we have confidential information in comments that clients should not see.

Please bring this functionality back, it is essential!

@Jack Brickey 

Like # people like this
Ryan Smith October 9, 2019

Does anyone know if there is a support JIRA that needs upvoting in order for this to be bumped up the list of things to do? If there is, could you link it here  so I can give it a thumbs up!

Kiryl Bulakh October 23, 2019

Still nothing in this? It's hard to believe that this is something that's just gone for no reason.

0 votes
Deleted user September 4, 2018

Hi @Jonas Neuhaus,

By default, the comment visibility will be set to "project roles". If the user is not part of the project roles then the user will not be able to see the comment restrict option in the comment section. please see the below screenshot for reference.

Comment restrict.png

Restricting comment visibility is a  global setting.  If you make any changes, it will impact for all the projects.

• To modify this choose administration (Cog Wheel)
  • Click on the system. Please see the screenshot for reference.

admin.png

• Go to General configuration page then you will able to see the "comment visibility" section edit the "general configuration" page setting to make changes as needed.

Regards,

Gangavath Kishore Kumar.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events