Using both interfaces to Portfolio for Jira?

Tom Björkholm October 22, 2019

I am trying to make sense of Portfolio for Jira using an evaluation license for the plugin. I am using the latest version of both the Jira server and the Portfolio for Jira plugin. I am evaluating the plugin to see if it is useful for our project and release planning. 

When experimenting with the plugin and reading the documentation, I find that some features appear to be only available in the new improved interface while other features appear to be only available in the old live plan interface. Is it recommended to set up both a live plan interface and an improved interface to the same Jira project? If not, how do you get access to the full functionality?

Another question is: how to hook up the Portfolio for Jira to handle the estimated effort for Epics/stories? We are using the original estimate, remaining estimate, logged time fields for our estimates. Thus an estimate on a Jira issue can be entered in any time unit (hours, days, weeks) and it will be presented in a human friendly way in Jira (e.g. "2w 4d 5h"). When setting up the Portfolio plan I am asked to choose if my estimates are in story points, days or hours. Is "2w 4d 5h" in hours or in days? No matter what I choose it appears that Portfolio for Jira ignores the estimates on the Jira issues. How should I do this? 

I have tried to ask google and read the Atlassian documentation and watch the Atlassian videos I have found. Any pointer to helpful documentation for these problems will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance for answering!

Best Regards,

/Tom

0 answers

Suggest an answer