Users are not able to view my custom fields on a JIRA business project

Debalina Mishra March 21, 2022

So I have created a JIRA business project, added some custom fields to the "List" view and removed some of the default fields. But Users are not able to view the dashboard I created with custom fields. Instead they are viewing the same default list unless they go to the Menu and click and remove the custom and the default fields. 

Shouldn't the viewers have a default view of the dashboard I am giving them instead of they viewing the default fields given by Atlassian?

I am using JIRA cloud by the way. Please advice on how I can make my dashboard viewable to all users added into the project without them doing the exercise of adding and removing the fields. Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2022

Hi @Debalina Mishra 

You need to share your dashboard with them. There is indeed a default dashboard which you can modify but that would be for everyone in your Jira instance.

Ravi

Debalina Mishra March 21, 2022

@Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ Thank you so much for the immediate response. But I am new to JIRA and do not know how to share the dashboard with them. Please let me know how to do it.

Suggest an answer