This gadget cannot be displayed on your dashboard. This could be due to a licensing problem or an a

seethamraju December 22, 2019

Hi Team,

In My dashboard i am using sprint health check & sprint burn down gadgets, from today onwards, i am getting a error like this.

Error Message: This gadget cannot be displayed on your dashboard. This could be due to a licensing problem or an application error. If you need this gadget, contact your administrator for assistance. Otherwise, you can remove it from your dashboard.

Can you please let me know what is the problem.

Thanks,

Raju

8 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Heather R July 15, 2020

I'm getting the same thing. How did you resolve this?

Narendra Kumar August 31, 2020

@seethamraju  @Heather R  getting the same. Any solution for this? 

Heather R August 31, 2020

So far, we think this is a permissions issue somehow. We're on Jira Server with Google IAP. We have not fully resolved this issue.

Like Narendra Kumar likes this
Narendra Kumar September 13, 2020

Thanks @Heather R  for your reply.  We were getting the error because of some add-on that we've removed from our instance. 

Like # people like this
Rahul Ingle December 17, 2022

Hi @Narendra Kumar  I am also getting saem error after upgarde data center jira 7 x to 8.20.6 version.

Can you please help me which add-on you remove so we can check similar .

0 votes
Syed Muhammad Umair Mansoor February 7, 2023

Try to go to Manage dashboard and search for the board you are trying to view

0 votes
Gabriel Berger de Brito January 13, 2021

In case anyone has this problem in the future. In my case, in "manage app" I had an update to do. After doing the update he came back

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 24, 2019

Hello everyone,

This looks like a new bug in the Agile gadgets that we are tracking at the following link, and this is currently being worked set to the highest priority level, and we should see a fix roll out soon.

The Bug is being tracked here:

You can add yourself as a watcher on the bug report to get updates on the status.

As a workaround Deleting and recreating the gadget can temporarily correct the issue but do note that this issue is persistent and will more than likely be re-triggered after a short period of activity when the workaround is applied. 

Regards,
Earl

Duarte Choon Dias January 13, 2021

oh I see, so this is one of those periodic Atlassian bugs......

0 votes
Bill_Stephens December 23, 2019

I reconfigured one Dashboard last Friday 12/20:

• Sprint Health Gadget can be found
  • Sprint Burndown Gadget can be found
  • Adding a Sprint Burndown to my dashboard works
  • Configuring a Sprint Burndown works
  • Viewing the Dashboard worked on Friday
  • Dashboard is broken again today

Following this again today appears to be working. 

It appears that something is happening behind the scenes that is making these gadgets fail in Dashboards. 

My App audit log shows that the last successful update was to (com.almworks.jira.structure version 1.0.3-AC) on 12/4

0 votes
Bill_Stephens December 23, 2019

Same here on Atlassian Cloud with broken Dashboards.

According to App Manager, JIRA Agile and JIRA Agile Connect are both installed and happy

Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 9.12.44 AM.png

seethamraju December 24, 2019

Hi @Bill_Stephens 

Now the problem was resolved, you can check now.

Thanks,

Raju

Ignacio A November 15, 2022

It's not. I'm still having this issue. Now it's the second time in the last 4 months.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2022

So what parts of the fixes above have you tried and where have they failed?

0 votes
Lucas Simionato Bueno December 23, 2019

Having the same problem here, in Jira Cloud. Both sprint health check & sprint burn down gadgets stopped working on Friday (20 Dez). The error message is the same. I've removed the gadget and added again. Seemed to work at least for that day, but today the gadgets are not working again for me and my team.

seethamraju December 24, 2019

Hi @Lucas Simionato Bueno 

Yes we observed this problem on 20th Dec, May be it is because of Bug, I think it is resolved now.

Thanks,

Raju

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2019

First, check that the gadget has a valid licence in "manage apps", then have a look at the log file to see what the errors are.

seethamraju December 23, 2019

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

These are free gadgets, (Sprint health check & Sprint burndown), how to check for whether they are having valid license or not.

Can you please send screen shots how to check valid license for below Gadgets

1. Sprint Burndown Gadget

2. Sprint Health Check Gadget.

Thanks,

Raju 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2021

These are Jira Software gadgets, not "free".  If they're throwing licence errors, you do not have the permission to use Jira Software.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question