Test case upload through utility importer but when i try to find it on Jira there is no test case imported? Kindly help me

Nabiha Saleem: T-2447 April 11, 2016

13 answers

0 votes
jpadgett April 29, 2019

I'm currently facing this issue. I've contacted technical support and followed the instructions, but still no luck and same success message with no test cases actually appearing in Jira. I have full admin rights so there's no reason I could not see them in the project, unless they're just not there.  It's also completing the "import" within about a second, which leads me to believe it didn't actually do anything. Any help is appreciated! Thank you

Shobha Anandadh April 29, 2019

hi there,

Did you check your profile and your 'Activity stream' where newly created test case would be listed. As I have shown above, i was able to locate my test cases from my recent activity history .

Hope that helps.

Thanks!
Shobha

Sreeram.Raja October 7, 2019

I had imported Successfully But only Name is displaying. Rest of the mapped fields are not displaying in JIra

0 votes
Shobha Anandadh April 25, 2019

Hi Nabiha,

Please find below screen where there was a message of issue being created and I went to my Jira profile and checked at my recent activity to locate the test case created by importer.

Locating tets case.png

0 votes
Priya_Narayanan April 8, 2019

Any luck with this? I am still facing the same issue.

0 votes
Divya Srinivasan December 4, 2018

Hi All, 

I am facing similar issue. Able to import in utility but can not view the issue in JIRa.

Any solutions?

0 votes
Sakshi Mittal July 4, 2018

Hi everyone,

I am getting the same issue. i tried to import test cases and the utility says its done however nothing got imported. Were you able to resolve the issue?

i am following this documentation :

https://bitbucket.org/zfjdeveloper/zfj-importer/wiki/Home

Best Regards

Sakshi

0 votes
Venkatesh Chandran August 25, 2017

I am also facing the same issue as Karan and Nabiha are facing. Getting a success message from the importer utility but not able to find my test cases in Jira. Is there any fix for this? I have a huge number of test cases that needs to be Jira. Is there a possible work around to be able to find my test cases in Jira?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2017

It's the same answer - Karan and Nabiha stopped posting here because they were asked to give the results of a search, and then found their tests when they ran the search.

Karan Arora August 27, 2017

Its not like I have stopped posting here. I left it and trying alternate manual approaches for completing my task because I did not find any relevant answer for this in past chats/blogs as well. I have shared my personal details for resolving the issue what else we can do.

People in past already had unnecessary long debate regarding search result but no way out. By the way no one asked me for the search result. In my case utility was showing as successfully uploaded and support person is asking that you need administrator rights? I already tried with administrator privilages.

This is extremely unstable api. If anyone still want to ask anything he can contact me from their official channel on my details.

Mark Ian Saberon April 23, 2018

Nic Brough is not helping.

How hard is it to understand that the search query your asking is returning EMPTY.

no results. nada. empty

privilages. Yes this is my project. Import status from zephyr returned this "CST 2018 Test.xlsx imported successfully..! "

After checking in JIRA, NONE, NADA, EMPTY

fyi all query. ALL query

That's the problem. NONE

Can anyone else other than Nic Brough answer?

Like Chris Allan likes this
0 votes
Karan Arora July 30, 2017

I have read all the comments properly. nabiha has valid concern.

I am also facing the same issue, false message is coming while importing with "By Testcase name Change" option. Attached is the screenshot for the same. looks like this is static hardcoded message. I have taken the latest version of importer i.e. 38.

By selecting other options in Descriminator. some irrelevant messages are coming. 

I have read so many blogs of this article on number of sites. Tried much number of things. Even I did not find anyone whose problem has been solved. Looks like this is extremely unstable and immature utility.

If anyone still confident about it, requesting him/her to please help me in solving this issue. My contact details are:- karan51180@gmail.com, karora@tza.com Ph. No - +91-7838128000

zephyr importer screenshot.png 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017

So the importer has imported nothing, or you can't see the imported issues, due to permissions (or issue security) in the project.  Please start by working out which one of those it is.

0 votes
Nabiha Saleem: T-2447 April 15, 2016

HI am still stuck . kindly assist me. Thanks

0 votes
Nabiha Saleem: T-2447 April 12, 2016

I execute the same steps but issue still exists. Kindly suggest me.

0 votes
Nabiha Saleem: T-2447 April 12, 2016

2.png1.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 15, 2016

How do you know it's importing them as "tests"?  Could it have done them as a different issue type?

Try running a filter for "all issues order by created desc" immediately after the import to see what has come in.

Nabiha Saleem: T-2447 April 17, 2016

from zfj-importer-utility i have select the issue type as TEST and select sepfice project as well. I search it through issue type, project and also all issues type but am, stil stuck .please help me.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 17, 2016

What happens when you run the filter I suggested after the import?

Please, use the standard JIRA issue navigator to do this, don't mess around with other applications.

Nabiha Saleem: T-2447 April 17, 2016

Dear NIC Brough,

I followed the same steps which are mention in attached file.

But when i try to find test case on zephy I didn’t find any test case there. What should i do? Kindly suggest me. I tried to search imported test cases with generic search i.e. issue type , project wise etc.

Note: I am the user of cloud based JIRA. waiting for your prompt response. Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2016

Could you try running a filter for "all issues order by created desc" immediately after the import to see what has come in.

Nabiha Saleem: T-2447 April 18, 2016

Yes i tried it. But when i try to find test case on zephy I didn’t find any test case there. Kindly suggest me.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2016

"I tried it" tells us precisely nothing.  Did you use the exact filter I suggested?  What does it tell you?

Nabiha Saleem: T-2447 April 18, 2016

Yes, as we discussed earlier I used the following filter:

Type = Test

ORDER BY created DESC

Also I had search with open filter i.e. 

Type = All

But still JIRA not found my required testcases.

If sill you are not getting my point please give me your skype id, may be we can solve this issue easily with voice conversation.

Waiting for your prompt response.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2016

So the importer has imported nothing, or you can't see the imported issues, due to permissions (or issue security) in the project.

You need to look into that before doing anything else.

Nabiha Saleem: T-2447 April 24, 2016

yes i have permission in this project for uploading . i have check it , But still JIRA not found my required test cases.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2016

Ah, sorry, I misread that last one.

Could you please run the filter I suggested, as I wrote it.

Nabiha Saleem: T-2447 April 25, 2016

I had run all filters which u were suggested in your all comments.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2016

Ok, but you have not given us the results.

0 votes
Brian Ross April 12, 2016

I first recommendation would be to start with a wide search.

Go to the TESTS menu option

Select SEARCH TESTS

Make your search query:  ISSUETYPE=TEST

That should return every test you have access to.  When you have that list, go to the CREATED column (might have to add it to your view) and sort by it.  Then look for the dates you imported tests.

See if that helps you.

Brian

Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 4.31.24 PM.png

Legna Garcia March 1, 2018

Hi Brian,

I got the same error as Nebiha. The process was successful and I couldn't find the test cases even by following your search suggestion. 

What would be the problem ?

0 votes
Nabiha Saleem: T-2447 April 11, 2016

Hi Brian,

I am using Zephyr. Through zfj-importer-utility am importing test cases in .xlsx format. Test case import successfully and success folder has been created. Success message display. But i when i try to find test case on zephyr i am facing issue. I didn’t find any test case there. What should i do? Kindly suggest me. Thanks

0 votes
Brian Ross April 11, 2016

You are going to need to provide additional information so people will be able to assist you with your issue.

JIRA doesn't natively have a test case management tool.  Did you install one?  If so which one?

With your import, did it say it succeeded?  What import tool did you use?

Do you have access to the project where the test cases went in JIRA?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events