Tempo Timesheet "Estimated" Time tracking

Jaime Mabini June 10, 2019

We are trying to use the Tempo time tracking Fields.  

Time Tracking :

estimated: (How do we create an estimated hours for the issue/story?)

remaining: (Remaining hours as marked in the issue) DONE

Logged: (total logged hours inside the issue) DONE

tempo.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2019

Hi @Jaime Mabini 

Add the field Time Tracking field to your create/edit screens. Then you can add "original estimate" (which will display the estimated amount) to the tickets.

screen.PNG

Capture.PNG

Jaime Mabini June 10, 2019

Hello Jan,

Thank you for your answer, This solves my issue.

-Jaime

Like Jan likes this
Jan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2019

You're welcome!

0 votes
Goolshun Belut July 29, 2019

Hi I have added the time Tracking fields, but I still cannot see the Original Estimate field? Can anyone help, please?

Jaime Mabini July 29, 2019

Into which screen did you add them? You should add them to "Create/Edit" Default Screen.

When it's already added, it will be visible everytime you edit or create an Issue

Ex.png

Also, may I know what is the type of your project? Classic or Next gen, what template are you using?

Sigurd Enghoff October 23, 2019

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNGWe have "Time tracking" added to the Default Screen, but no "Original Estimate" field available. Any help would be hugely appreciated :)

Like # people like this
O'Conner March 30, 2020

Any update regarding this?

Jan
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2020

@Sigurd Enghoff  are you on Cloud? What does the create issue screen look like? The second screenshot? You won't see "original estimate" on the configuration screen, it will only show as "time tracking" in the configurations. However, when you go to the create/edit screen (actually go create an issue in the project) "Time tracking" will not be on your create/edit screens, instead you will see the "original estimate" and "remaining estimate" fields. 

Kyle April 8, 2020

@jan we are currently evaluating tempo for JIRA and running into the same issue.  I cannot figure out where or how to set an estimated time.  I can set remaining and i can log time, but we will require the ability to estimate the time it will take to complete an item.  We are currently using the Next Gen Project.

Jan
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2020

@Kyle - the "original estimate", "remaining estimate" and "hours logged" are out of the box fields for Jira. They are not Tempo fields. Tempo plugin simply uses those fields in addition to other configurations they provide. I would make sure the "time tracking"  is on the Create Screen as well as the edit screens. Also check the permission scheme for the projects. The persons will need to have the permissions for "work on issues" to see or edit those fields. 

Here is a starting point for documentation on Jira time tracking fields/configurations. https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-time-tracking-818578858.html

Kyle April 9, 2020

@Jan 

thanks for the response.  Yeah i have tried to go through all the documentation and searched everywhere for just "Estimated Time" and "Original Estimate".  One of the key things is that I am attempting to use the Next Gen project which does not have the concept of a create and update screen.  

For troubleshooting purposes i was able to get this whole thing to work fine and have the fields show up on a "classic" board.  

I just cannot get it to work for a Next Gen project.  May be a bug/afterthought for the new project types.

Like # people like this
Jan
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2020
Like Tom Wespi likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events