Structure: Why my synchroniser is missing a few issues (a manual resync is required) ?

Melaine Facon January 19, 2017

Hi There,

I have a few projects making use of structure manually built. All of them use synchronisers as follow:

• filter: project=myproject and issuetype=myissuetype
  • Sub-tasks

I have observed twice in the last few days that a few issues (captured since quite a while) were missing in the structure. Just doing a full resynch made them pop up at top level (as expected). This is quite annoying and we have to trust our structures are fully in sync with Jira. 

Why the incremental sync can become out of sync ? 

Is it possible to schedule a regular full resync (daily) ? or launch a resynch through REST API ?

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Eugene Sokhransky _ALM Works_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2017

Hi Melanie,

Sorry for the late reply - we monitor Atlassian Answers primarily based on our add-on tags (e.g. 'structure' and 'addon-com.almworks.jira.structure’). Unfortunately questions without them often get missed in a general search query. I added one of our tags to this question so we can find it later if we need to.

This should not be happening, so if you are seeing such behavior this can be either a configuration issue or some problem. There are no related issues that we know of in the latest versions, so we'd really like to investigate this.

Could you please create a ticket in our support system and let us know what versions are Structure in JIRA and also attach a screenshot of the Synchronization Settings page: support.almworks.com

That should help us check if the configuration is ok and figure out the next steps for troubleshooting.

Kind regards,

Eugene (ALM Works)

0 votes
Melaine Facon February 22, 2017

Thanks Eugene for your answer. I have confirmed this behaviour once more on my side and have handed over the case to our sys admins. You should hear about this case from them going forward.

Even if generators are preferred and most of the time can be an acceptable workaround, I still see use cases where synchronizers would be useful.

Regards,

Melaine

Eugene Sokhransky _ALM Works_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2017

Hi Melanie,

Thanks a lot! We are already on it! There were some performance issues with synchronizers in version 3, which we already fixed, but it looks like there might be something else, so we'll definitely investigate.

Thanks,

Eugene

gbodacs July 23, 2019

We still have the same problem here, can you confirm that this is a known issue?

Suggest an answer