Setting default status when moving tickets to another project

Paty Souza May 5, 2022

When moving tickets to a particular team's project, I noticed the default status value is In Progress instead of To Do. I reordered the statuses and that did not difference.

Then I noticed when I manually transition a ticket to another status, I see a "Transition To" then Status. I've never seen that before.

Does anyone know how do I set the To Do as first in the list when moving tickets and perhaps tell me why I am seeing this weird wording when manually transitioning statuses? Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2022

Hi Paty - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You should set the opsbar sequence in the transition property. See this previous post for guidance.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Opsbar-question-for-JIRA-cloud/qaq-p/960910

Dave Furlani August 14, 2023

On cloud and looking for a fix? I suspect this relates to this request, which needs more community support to bubble to the top of the backlog - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-39752

Raul Pelaez _TecnoFor - Marketplace Partner_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 27, 2023

Cloud response accepted¿??? This post is for Jira Server

Dave Furlani September 27, 2023

Oops. No that server is going to exist much longer, so one day in the future that post might help someone. Until then, though, TL;DR

0 votes
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 27, 2023

Hello, exist a trick, download the workflow as a file and move in the XML the status to the first one... after this re-import the workflow... is very ugly because when you re-import no post-functions are recreated, etc... sometimes is better recreate the workflow and set the first step well since the beggining

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2022

Hi @Paty Souza,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The order is based on the internal numbering of the statuses, so you cannot change that order. 

Marketplace Partner
September 27, 2023

Yes you can, but using tricks: download the XML, reorder the first status, re-import the workflow: it solves the issue, but the workflow will be disorderer visually also the postfunctions are not recreated..

0 votes
Paty Souza May 5, 2022

Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 7.45.55 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-05 at 7.45.27 AM.png

Suggest an answer