Seeking Knowledge and Advice Regarding Representing / Visualizing JIRA Data in Microsoft Power BI

MAG-II March 6, 2019

Hello - 

I recently imported all of my JIRA data into Microsoft Power Bi. My hope is to be able to represent and visualize JIRA data across multiple projects through an aesthetically pleasing looking dashboard. 

After importing all of the JIRA tables from the database into Power Bi I am quickly realizing just how daunting this is. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Power Bi and JIRA data.

I'm currently trying to visualize simple questions such as "how many Issues in my JIRA project are male and located in Virginia?" I'm struggling to figure out how to build the tables, merge queries, create relationships, etc. within Power Bi. I'm trying to figure out where to even start.

I know simple questions like the one above can be easily answered within JIRA. My goal is to take JIRA reporting and data visualizations a step further via Miscrosoft Power Bi. If anyone has any experience / advice for me I would greatly appreciate it.

0 answers

Suggest an answer