Saint Elizabeth Health Care would like to migrate from server to Cloud Envirnment

Firdos Siddiqui March 18, 2022

Hi there,

We need help to  migrate from server to Cloud Envirnment like initial steps purchasing licence and ugrading to Cloud envirnment

Sinceretl,

Firdos Siddiqui

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2022

Hi @Firdos Siddiqui 

As this is a public forum, I've edited your post to remove your personal information (phone/email address) for your security!

I'd recommend checking out...

...as first steps.

These pages have all the information relevant to demo/trial instance, migration steps, planning, etc.

You can also seek help via...

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Ste

Firdos Siddiqui April 6, 2022

Hi Stephen,

Sorry for late reply and Thank you for replying back to me. I have few questions which i need to discuss with you related to Cloud Migration 

First thing is the cost to migrate from inhouse to Cloud 

We have Jira Software, Jira Confluence, Jira Core and ira Service Desk so would like to discuss with you in a meeting if you can schedule today or tomorrow would be really appreicated and from there we can go to the next step 

Sincerely,

Firdos

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2022

Hi @Firdos Siddiqui 

Just to be clear, I don't work for Atlassian - I'm just a volunteer on the Community!

Just to highlight this from above, I would recommend as a good next step to either contact...

Ste

1 vote
OpsHub April 22, 2022

Hi @Firdos Siddiqui 

Migration projects are typically complex and require careful planning and strategy. The following factors should be considered before Jira on-premise to Jira Cloud migration.

• Project key restrictions: Jira on-premise allows underscore (_) and few other characters in project key, whereas on-cloud allows only letters in project key. Any migration needs to factor in strategy to address these differences.
  • Field Template In-consistency: Analyze if there is any field scheme configuration difference between your on-premise and on-cloud instance. Make sure you have a strategy for bridging those differences if needed.
  • Plugin entity context and handling: If you are using plug-ins, those may require additional/special handling. Any such activities should be planned as a part of the migration plan.
  • Impact on user productivity: Various migration approaches can drive different levels of disruptions and impact productivity. Some may require the project or the Jira instance to be in read-only mode for an extended period. The cost and impact of disruption should be factored into the plan.
  • Impact on Jira: Migration activities will result in additional load on Jira servers. Proper planning should be done to ensure appropriate scaling of the Jira server and isolation of migration load so that the regular activities are not impacted.

For migration from Jira to Jira on a cloud, there are two broad approaches:

1. Use Cloud Migration Tool: Jira provides a native migration tool. It does involve some downtime and migration of plugin data that needs to be checked based on an individual plug-in.

2. Use a 3rd part migration tool: This allows a seamless transition taking care of all the above-mentioned aspects so that you can experience a smooth and rich data migration without impacting your business continuity and productivity.

OpsHub has extensive experience in undertaking complex migration projects ensuring zero downtime, no data loss, systematic cut-over, and a factory approach. We are happy to help in your migration planning process. Please reach out to us for an initial free consultation on migration planning with our solutions architects.

Suggest an answer