Not able to mention any team member in the comments

Dennis Stephen Rajan R March 25, 2021

I am not able to mention any team member in comments. Checked the global settings but browse user option is not visible.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2021

@Dennis Stephen Rajan R 

Does this occur on all projects or just one?  

@Brant Schroeder 

I have access only to one project and there it isn't working.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2021

Are you the Jira administrator?

No Brant

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 25, 2021

I would suggest working with your Jira administrator to ensure that your permissions are setup correctly for mentions to work.

Could you please let me know what permissions I need to have to get this feature enabled and what steps to followed by the JIRA administrator to enable permissions?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 25, 2021

On the jira instance you will need to have browse user permissions at the global level. They should start there first.  

Ok Thank you Brant! Will let you know how it goes

seems like there is no browse user option listed there.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 25, 2021

In the upper right had corner there is a gear they will need to click it and select system from the drop down menu.  Once they click system they will need to select Global Permissions from the left hand menu.  On this page there will be a browse user and groups.  They can review which groups have access to do this.  They need to make sure you are in one of the groups that has access or add a group you are in to the permission.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events