Need to pull old employees work but assignee function is not working in Advanced Search

Victoria Campbell November 1, 2019

I need to pull all of the tickets an old employee worked on while at the company.  I have not deleted the user, but simply blocked their access.  When I search their name in Advanced search I get this error, "The value '...' does not exist for the field 'assignee'.  There must be historical information stored in Jira, so I don't understand why I can't look up previous work from this user.  I have also tried filtering it down to a specific project I know they worked on, but it's still not working.  Assignee was functions also do not work.  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2019

Hi @Victoria Campbell

For a single user, the assignee field only works for active users. You can search for where the Assignee is any inactive user using:

assignee in inactiveUsers()

If you want to search for just one user though, there is an alternative option. You'll need to be a Site Admin to set this up:

1. Select Jira Settings > User Management
  2. Create a new Group - eg. Inactive User
  3. Add the inactive user to the group
  4. In JQL, enter...
assignee in membersOf("Inactive User")

That will give you the results for one specific inactive user.

Ste

Victoria Campbell November 1, 2019

This worked! Thank you 

Suggest an answer