Need to create independent workflows in JIRA

anurag sambhi October 16, 2019

Hello,

I am relatively new JIRA user, I made a workflow in JIRA exactly the way I want.

My requirement is to use the same workflow multiple times and in multiple projects.

For the purpose of testing I created multiple projects using the same workflow, but the problem is when I change the status from To-Do to Complete in one project it is being replicated to all the projects using the same workflow.

I have searched google numerous times but unable to find a fix for this problem.

Can someone please help me with this?

Thank you

2 answers

0 votes
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2019

Hi @anurag sambhi

As you are using same workflow for multiple project, the change in the workflow will impact all the projects.

If you don't want to impact other projects workflow, you have to use separate workflow for each project. 

It will cost me time to created separate workflow each time. I was thinking of using this particular one as an independent workflow for multiple projects.

Appreciate your response. If you have anything to help me deal with this I am open for more information.

0 votes
PVS
Banned
October 16, 2019

Hi @anurag sambhi 

One thing You Will Take The Copy Of That workflow and you will modify that workflow and assign to another project That time You didn't get any issue 

I tried making a copy as well, and associated it to a project made the workflow active. But the thing is still pertaining. The status is being updated automatically.

Hi @PVS  

Thanks for your response. I'll go through the link as well.

PVS
Banned
October 16, 2019

No It is Not Possible Could You  Check Your Workflow Schema Once It Is Added The Project Or Not @anurag sambhi 

Suggest an answer