Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Need to create independent workflows in JIRA

Hello,

I am relatively new JIRA user, I made a workflow in JIRA exactly the way I want.

My requirement is to use the same workflow multiple times and in multiple projects.

For the purpose of testing I created multiple projects using the same workflow, but the problem is when I change the status from To-Do to Complete in one project it is being replicated to all the projects using the same workflow.

I have searched google numerous times but unable to find a fix for this problem.

Can someone please help me with this?

Thank you

2 answers

0 votes

Hi @anurag sambhi 

One thing You Will Take The Copy Of That workflow and you will modify that workflow and assign to another project That time You didn't get any issue 

I tried making a copy as well, and associated it to a project made the workflow active. But the thing is still pertaining. The status is being updated automatically.

Hi @PVS  

Thanks for your response. I'll go through the link as well.

No It is Not Possible Could You  Check Your Workflow Schema Once It Is Added The Project Or Not @anurag sambhi 

Hi @anurag sambhi

As you are using same workflow for multiple project, the change in the workflow will impact all the projects.

If you don't want to impact other projects workflow, you have to use separate workflow for each project. 

It will cost me time to created separate workflow each time. I was thinking of using this particular one as an independent workflow for multiple projects.

Appreciate your response. If you have anything to help me deal with this I am open for more information.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM June Challenge #2: Share how your business teams became ITSM rockstars

For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...

212 views 6 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you