Need to auto populate a section in page from another section in the same page

Nitasha Aggerwal January 26, 2022

In confluence I have same data in 2 different sections in different format. I want to copy the data dynamically in second section rather than updating at both places.

Eg: Need to copy Customer Name from section A to Section B in same page.

Section A
1. Customer Name A

2. Customer Name B

--------------------------

Section B 

Customer Name A
Details
Address
Customer Name B
Details
Address

I have tried anchor already but that creates a link but not copy the text dynamically.

1 answer

2 votes
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2022

Hi @Nitasha Aggerwal ,

If we talk about Confluence, then you can reuse data using the standard Excerpt/Excerpt Include macros.

If your company uses our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app, then you may also use the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros (they will come in handy if you have data on different pages and want to show the source page meta data).

What concerns the different formats (list in the source section and table that you want to edit later in the second section), this part will be tricky: the workaround may be to wrap each abstract such as "Customer Name A" into its own Excerpt macro and then reuse it later into the corresponding table cell.

As I see, you use Server, so you won't be able to use multiexcerpts - as I know, this feature was added to the Excerpt/Excerpt Include macros only for Cloud as for now.

But our Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros support unique excerpts' names and the multiexcerpt concept.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events