Multiple Scrum Board per Project

jamie tannenbaum December 20, 2018

Our company recently upgraded to 7.13 from release 6.x . As project administrator I was able to open multiple sprints in the same project as we have two teams that work off of the same project.

Today I open a sprint for one team, but the other team's sprint is grayed out saying:

"Can be planned but not started until the completion of above active sprint"

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2018

Yes, you can usually only have one sprint on a board at once.

If you are an admin, you can go to "labs" and enable "parallel sprints" to get many sprints to run at the same time, but it is experimental.

Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2018

FWIW, we've been working with clients using parallel sprints and also using the feature internally for years and have never seen an issue with it. I wouldn't be afraid to enable it.

jamie tannenbaum December 21, 2018

As I say, we have been using this feature for a while.  Yes, it is unfortunate that some of the features of rolling uncompleted items to the next sprint, and getting sprint reports accurately from JIRA is a pain, but the later we have worked around with add-ons.

Thanks for the feedback.

jamie tannenbaum December 23, 2018

Our admin team enabled the feature and all is as it was.  Thanks for the response.

Alex Reizer May 23, 2019

I don't see this in my "Personal Settings" -> "Labs". Is this still available for you? If so, can you post a screenshot?

Nico Overproof July 2, 2019

jira settings > products > jira software configuration > Parallel Sprints

0 votes
Abhijeet Singh1 July 12, 2021

Not successful in Company Managed project(formal classic): jira settings > products > jira software configuration > Parallel Sprints 

This feature option doesn't provide me dual sprint functionality. 

Are there any other steps to be followed to make it work separately?

Daniel Conway August 17, 2021

Any help here? Thanks!

0 votes
Pritesh Dineshchandra Shah February 25, 2019

Hi All,

We have multiple teams working on the same Product Backlog. So in Classic Jira we had multiple scrum boards (one board for each team). However, I could not find the same functionality in Next Gen Jira. Please help.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 26, 2019

Next-gen does not support this yet, I am sorry.

Suggest an answer