Move all backlog history from nextgen template to a classic template

Anddy Rolando Ortiz Cruz November 12, 2018

i cant do that, i need help

4 answers

0 votes
Mohsin Khalife May 28, 2019

Hi, I am facing the same issue, I migrated from NextGen to Classic project and all tasks are shown in All Issues under Issues & Filters but not visible in backlog. I checked the board setting as suggested I dont have any unmapped issues, But still most of the issues are not visible.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

I have 2 Epics and I have assigned the tasks to the epics still i am unable to see them under epics in backlog.

0 votes
Susan Duncombe April 18, 2019

Hi Anddy, not sure if you're still having this issue but I had the same problem and was able to fix it by going to my backlog in the classic project that I transferred issues to, clicking the "..." in the top-right corner and then clicking "Board settings".

Make sure you have the status(es) you migrated your issues to is added to the "TO DO" column. If an issue status is unmapped, it won't appear in any part of your backlog.

This was confusing for me because the board settings screen isn't designed to look the same way as the backlog screen - it looks like you're configuring a board, which apparently the backlog functions as a board on the back end and the page layout was just changed to show sprints instead of status columns.

Anddy Rolando Ortiz Cruz April 22, 2019

Hi Kyle, thanks for reply, i was able to do that too. Be carefull in the transfer process to all backlog issues have "TO DO" it is really important.

I was on vacation, sorry for the late reply.

0 votes
Falk Eckert December 18, 2018

Hello, i have the same Problem is there any Solution to find the the flag is set for next-gen Projects for issues in Backlog?

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2018

Hi, Anddy.

To perform this, can you create a new project that is using the classic template and have the existing issues bulk changed from the nextgen to the new project?

Though the detailed step by step is not listed in the Migrate between next-gen and classic projects page, please let me know how it goes on your end. Thanks.

Hi Ahmad, I'm having the same problem as Anddy. I successfully migrated all of my issues from next-gen to classic, but none of the issues that were in the backlog in the next-gen project are showing up in the classic project. Is there some kind of flag we need to edit so the classic project 'knows' which backlog to display the issues in?

Update: I solved the issue on my end. Adding it as another answer here in case anyone else has the same problem in the future.

Anddy Rolando Ortiz Cruz April 22, 2019

Hi Kyle, thanks for reply, i was able to do that too. Be carefull in the transfer process to all backlog issues have "TO DO" it is really important.

I was on vacation, sorry for the late reply. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events