Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Manual migration to cloud from server now that import is disabled

I have a free plan Jira server hosted behind VPN and firewall, which they will not open to the required domains for me to use the migration assistant. How can I migrate my existing Jira server data to the cloud? I've tried searching but have not found an answer to this situation, especially since they recently disabled the import functionality.

My last resort is to install Jira on my local Windows machine and import my organizations Jira data and media into the local Windows instance and then try to do use the migration assistant. This seems to be a lot of work and I'm hoping that people might have a better solution/suggestion. We only have like 5 users, a bit over 1000 tasks, and would like to get at least the tasks into the cloud, I'm fine setting up the users/permissions all over again.

Thanks for any suggestion!

Jeff

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová Community Leader Feb 19, 2022

Hi @jvandorn ,

to be honest, your solution is the only one that came to my mind.  I cannot imagine doing anything else, if you are not able to connect to cloud and use JCMA directly :-(.

There's also the possibility to use CSV import, but the functionality is limited and there's always a chance, that you loose some data during the import.

Really appreciate the reply and thanks for letting me know about the CSV import. I really don't have that much data, but I'd really like the data to be all in once place and not have to keep the legacy system running to be able to access the old tickets. Again, thanks for taking the time to reply to this.

Like Hana Kučerová likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events